Sunday, March 24, 2013

Villains to Love

I write a lot for kids, and let's face it, in many kid's stories the villains aren't that "villainous". My most favorite villain is Dr. Doofenshmirtz from the kid's TV show Phineas and Ferb. I love this show, and I love Dr. D. He may want to take over the Tri-State area, but he's a hoot! His wacky inventions are always thwarted, and you can't help but feel sorry for the poor evil scientist. Here are some of my favorite quotes of his.

"Curse you Perry the Platypus!"

"Lies are the glue that holds society together."

"If I had a nickel for every time I've been doomed by a puppet, I would have two nickels. That's not a lot, but it's funny that it happened twice."

"When I was a young boy in Gimmelshtump..."

"Perry the Platypus, I'm so sorry I hurt you when I wasn't actually trying to hurt you. If you give me another chance, I promise to hurt you in the right way with cartoonish physical violence and elaborate traps constructed out of strange things I purchased over the Internet. What do you say?"



Now it's your turn. Who's your favorite villain, and why? Everyone who comments will be entered for a chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card! EDITED TO ADD: Entry will run through midnight, Saturday night. The winner will be announced on Monday!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun post, Katie! My (22 yr. old) daughter loves Phineas & Ferb. It's a great show, and I agree, Dr. D. is an awesome villain. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the best, Ruth! Thanks for stopping by :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about Doctor D. but he sounds hilarious. Doomed by a puppet twice (or by two puppets?)! Gosh, I haven't thought about my favourite villain. Probably from a Dickens story. Hugh from BARNABY RUDGE or Miss Havisham from GREAT EXPECTATIONS. Great post, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely is hilarious, Claudine! Yes, Dickens had some great villains :).

      Delete
  4. Er... I have a hard time choosing a FAVOURITE villain. Possibly Uncle Andrew, in The Magician's Nephew by C.S. Lewis. He's not strictly a villian, but more of a whinging side-villain.

    Another one would be Snidely Whiplash from Dudley Do Right, a movie of very little recognizable worth but some slapstick humour that I can't resist. :)

    And I've given you an award, Katie. :)
    http://katrinadelallo.blogspot.com/2013/03/thats-so-sweet.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great villains, Cat! And thanks for the reward!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm a long-time fan of Marvin the Martian, trying to disintegrate the Earth with his Eludium PU36 Explosive Space Modulator because it obstructs his view of Venus.

    (Phineas and Ferb is an adorable show, especially Perry.)

    ReplyDelete