New Year New You...or whatever

It's not easy being green. Or skinny or healthy or organized or punctual or financially responsible. Really, you can name your vice and insert here, right? My current situation invovles trying to lose weight (Weight Watchers) and trying to rein in my spending through a "no buy" pact (I'll talk about this in a differnt post later).

My Weight Watchers journey has been an up and down thing over several years. Any time I've ever successfully lost weight it's been through them, but I can only manage to do it when I'm motivated. Don't ask me what gets me motivated, because it's always been something different! (vacation, trying to conceive, post-baby body)

I knew I needed to break up this go around into small, easy to manage tasks. So far, I've lost 8 lbs. (it's been 3 weeks). My tasks look a little like this:

- Try healthier foods
     Greek yougurt
     Truvia instead of sugar
     Fruits and veggies
     Ground chicken and turkey instead of beef

- Eat less sugar
     One piece of chocolate a day (and it has to be a small piece!)
     One mug of hot cocoa at night (hey, it's winter time)
     Halo Top ice cream instead of regular ice cream
     (That's it, except for fruits. I've had to work very hard at drastically cutting my sugar intake, because that is my weakness.)

- Drink more water
     Now, I haven't had to cut out soda or juice. I typically drink only water anyway. But I wasn't getting enough, and I have to work at that.

That's it so far. I'm not saying this is easy. Week 1 was brutal! But I'm a determined kind of gal, at least when I want to be. There are other steps I want to add in naturally as I go along, and we'll talk about those later. But for now, what are you working towards? Weight loss? A new project? Getting organized? Tell us all about it! Also, if you've got a great recipe that works on Weight Watchers I'd love to hear it!























































+

Comments

Popular Posts