Do All Things Really Work Together for Good?

I had a wake up call this week while reading my Bible. I read in Romans 8:28 where it says we know all things work together for good to them that love God. I saw the words as I've seen them a thousand times before, but this time they brought me up short. I felt God's tug on my heart.

Do you really believe that?

Of course I really believe it! What am I doing with my life if I don't?

No, do you really, really believe it?

I gulped inwardly. Did I really believe it? Because if I did would I really be carrying this pain over Emma's death with me every moment of every day? If I really, truly believe she's exactly where she's supposed to be, if I know she's safe and ridiculously happy, wouldn't I be resting more assured that everything was as it should be?

My grief is normal--I know this. But the Bible tells me I don't have to sorrow as others who have no hope. I do have hope, and because of that my pain can be lessened. So, if I really truly believe all things work together for good, would I be living in drudgery day after day?

I sighed. God had me there. Once again I was reminded that I was carrying my pain on my own shoulders, when He said He would carry it for me. It's something that's absolutely normal (we're human, after all), but we don't have to let it get the best of us.

So today I'm coming to serve a reminder--if you're a Christian, if you believe the Bible 100% (I do), then give that pain back to Jesus where it belongs. Rest in the hope and peace Jesus gives. It'll all work out in the long run (the long run is what matters most of all).

If you're carrying your pain with you, and you'd like me to pray for you, please tell me. I would be happy to do so.

Comments

Popular Posts